Classifying and sorting tomatoes
We are the only manufacturer of complex high-tech apple sorting lines in Poland and Central and Eastern Europe. The electronic sorting machines offered by our company are equipped with a strain gauge weighing system and an innovative vision system for classifying products according to various parameters, such as size, color and quality (external and internal). The method used to examine the object from multiple sides using sets of cameras (color and monochrome with an IR filter), a total of 6 of which are used at a single line, provides a very accurate analysis and precise determination of the classes of sorted tomatoes.
With the help of electronic strain gauge sensors, digital signal filtering and noise reduction, the high-speed, state-of-the-art weighing module takes precise measurements of sorted tomatoes in real time significantly reducing measurement time.
The classification of tomatoes by size is based on the analysis of a series of photos, taking into account the characteristics of the tomato, for example, shape: round, ribbed, oblong.
The cameras installed in the vision system analyze a series of images enabling product recognition by coloration, by percentage of coloration, evaluation of the product’s average color value and maximum color saturation.
Thanks to the extensive classification of areas, the applied algorithm distinguishes between damage such as blemishes, mechanical damage, bumps, corrosion, mold or rot, and characteristic areas such as tail/neck, which it tracks while recording a full rotation of the object.
- Proprietary algorithms developed on Linux enable real-time product testing. Thanks to this innovative solution, specific parameters of the objects under test are calculated, which distinguishes our vision software from other vision systems based on comparison with a standard.
- The software can be adapted to any sorting machine thus streamlining the sorting processes.
- We configure the system on an individual customer basis.
- We guarantee consistent quality with durable stainless steel components and consistent performance and consistent efficiency.
- User-friendly interface for changing sorting parameters in real time.