THE CLASSIFICATION AND SORTING OF TOMATOES PROCESSED BY VISION SYSTEM
The vision system for tomatoes enables the analysis of the quality on the basis of the size, weight, colour or external defects. The applied method of analysis of the object from several sides with the use of a set of cameras (colour and monochromatic camera IR) 6 per each line, guarantees very precise measurement and class of sorted tomatoes.
THE CLASSIFICATION PARAMETERS:
The classification of tomatoes according to the size, proceeds through the analysis of a series of images including characteristics of the variety of tomatoes e.g. their shape: round, ribbed, oblong.
Using the electronic strain gauges, digital signal filtration and the reduction of noises, fast and cutting edge weight module enables precise calculations on sorted tomatoes in real time thus significantly shortening the measurement time.
The cameras installed in the vision system analyze a series of images and enable recognition of the product according to the colour, a percentage content of colouring, the assessment of the average colour value and the maximum colour value.
- External quality
During classification of external quality, the vision system analyses the product surface and detects areas which reveal damage within visible spectrum and infrared. Due to extensive classification of areas which need attention, the applied algorithm distinguishes damage such as flaws, mechanical damage, interior crush, cork-like spots, mould or rottenness from areas characteristics such as stem/stalk, which are being traced during the entire rotation of the tomato. This solution guarantees that the results are not doubled and streamline the operator’s control over the permitted level of defects.
- Sorter’s algorithms are based on Linux and allow to analyse products in real time. Due to this innovative solution specific parameters of the products are calculated. Algorithms designed by Sorter distinguish the system from similar visual systems, which are based on a comparison of products’ images with the standard pattern.
- The software can be adapted to any sorting machine, which enhances sorting processes.
- System configuration can be customized to customers’ needs.
- We guarantee constant quality due to certified durable stainless steel components and consistent performance.
- User-friendly interface which enables easy change of the parameters in real time.
|SETTINGS TEMPLATES RECORD||
recording settings, sorting ways and speed
recording and storing the sorting results including suppliers and clients;
the session results are available and printable at any time
|COOPERATION WITH LABELLING MACHINES||cooperating with the labelling machines and enabling products' labelling during the portioning process|
|MACHINES SPEED CONTROL||controling machine speed and delivery|
|COOPERATION WITH AUTOMATION||cooperating with PLC controllers, inverters and safety circuit|
|LED STROBED LIGHTING||led strobed lighting reduces the energy consumption and does not heat the product during the analysis process|
Sorting of tomatoes – Dnietropietrowsk, Ukrain